Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Four Glasses of Wine/Notes from a penpal

A year and so ago, over the summer, I pierced a woman and her mother's ears at work. They were in town from Florida and Hawaii (respectively) to attend the grandmother/mother's funeral. The atmosphere was quite sad but the girl had this wonderful bubbly energy and we immediately gravitated toward each other - almost like "love at first sight" in a way. Her mother was super sweet and approached me to pierce their ears. I sold them diamonds to get their 3rd piercings on their earlobes done. It was literally heart wrenching to talk to them about their experience and their lives. I was so moved by them and their strength. The girl was an instant friend and added me on Facebook immediately and we begin talking about our lives/pasts back and forth for ages. She sent me gifts, I sent her things, she sold Scentsy and even though she tries to talk me into signing up for it she still defaults to just being a good listener.

I think it is interesting and so awesome these connections that we can forge without even thinking about it. My job has put me in the path of beautiful people who I would have never met had it not been for becoming certified to perform a minor medical procedure on their ears. 


Anyway, the woman sent me a sweet card today. 


And my drunk ass has responded to pen pals and distant (and now distant) friends tonight after four glasses of wine. 

Do you know how hard it is to spell "Struthers" after 4 glasses of wine????




I am watching tattoo videos and trying to plan a trip to a tattoo convention tonight. 
Party. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! You want to comment, that is awesome!