Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Got a new 2nd job doing my portrait photography hobby part-time. I am excited because I did this at another company for two years when I was 19/20. 


--
A couple years back, after Matt had died, in the spring I decided to clean out my small under-the-stairs-closet. I found a couple Matt-related things and took some pictures of them and then put them in my fireproof safe because...I'm crazy sentimental...obv. 

On my 23rd birthday, Matt took me to celebrate day of the dead by laying flowers on old graves in the cemetery. He researched one of the cultural celebrations of the holiday and one was writing parody eulogies to people still alive. So he wrote ones about us and they included lots of inside jokes (like how someone we knew was dating a "Juggalo" whom I very much disliked so Matt liked to tease me about Juggalos).
I miss him, wish he was still alive to laugh at these with me.




Also, I found a letter from Matt he wrote to me after we broke up when he basically ran away across the country to like reset or something the weekend after. He dropped it off to me after he came home and I saved it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! You want to comment, that is awesome!